Friday, May 1, 2009

Lips Like Honey...


"Lips Like Honey" might have been the name of the single if the band called themselves Echo & the Honeymen ("Lips Like Honey" is soooo much sexier than "Lips Like Sugar," isn't it??)

Honey is such a little miracle food, it really is. Created soley by bees! Talk about living with purpose! And there are so many beautiful flavors and colors of honey, depending on the flowers the bees pollinate...Orange blossom, clover, lavender, buckwheat, wild flowers, and on and on.

My new addiction....savory herbs in dessert applications. Thyme and honey? Heaven.

This simple, late-to-work breakfast will have you noshing like royalty:

Toasted English Muffin with Honey & Thyme

Toast a gorgeous, whole-grain English muffin, spread it thick with a layer of salted butter
(I like Earth Balance), drizzle some honey and a sprinkle of fresh thyme leaves.


Mmmm...Bite. Chew. Lick your lips. Feel amazing. :)

5 comments:

n.o.e said...

These english muffins look amazing. I'm a HUGE fan of honey; it's really quite a superfood. I love how hard the bees work, so I figure I'd better be appreciative of their product. And herbs in my sweets are a great way to go. Heidi (101 Cookbooks) has a berry coffeecake with thyme and rosemary in it - I've made it countless times.
Nancy

flappergirl said...

Hi Nancy!!
I would LOVE to try this berry coffeecake--sounds delicious. Where can I get the recipe?
Thanks for stopping by!
:)
Dianne

flappergirl said...

Hi n.o.e.! I just googled and found the berry cake recipe. Looks gorgeous! For anyone who is interested, here is the link: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/maple-huckleberry-coffee-cake-recipe.html

Jessica Martiele said...

I want me summa THAT! Gonna have to up and grow a thyme bush now, dang it!

flappergirl said...

Ah to have my own thyme bush! Yes! Living sans yard in a city apartment doesn't make that so easy for me but thankfully my local produce section does. :) :) :)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio