Thursday, July 9, 2009

We will miss you, Michael.

Losing Michael Jackson, the greatest entertainer of our lifetime, hit me harder than I thought it would. He was such a huge influence on me musically (I spent many years as a professional musician) and he was a huge part of the soundtrack of my life, as I know he was for so many of us. And I am sad.

All I’ve wanted to do since I heard the shocking news, is bake a pie in his honor. I don’t know why. I know it's silly. But I have to do it. It’s going to be a special pie that I have never made before, and I will make it with love and affection for one of the most gifted and original talents the world has ever known. Sometimes baking in quiet contemplation and love can be like a form of prayer.

This pie will be shared and eaten in honor of all the sweetness and smiles Michael brought to us.

I am going to get my recipe together and bake it with quiet love for the shooting star that went back into the sky.

We are honored to be in the world when Michael Jackson was in the world.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I couldn't agree more. I think it's so sad that it wasn't really his time to go. Some of the best parts of my childhood were spent over his music.

flappergirl said...

Yes, he really was a part of the soundtrack of our lives, wasn't he?

By the way, I just went to your blog. I love it and am following. Thanks for stopping by. :)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio